What we do with your personally identifiable information.
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us as part of your application for membership in the Montgomery County Small Business Association ("MCSBA"). If, however, you elect not provide the information required in completing this application for membership, the MCSBA reserves the right not to register you as a member or provide you with related benefits. "Personally identifiable information" means information that can be used to identify you as an individual. If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
1. not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission - although unless you opt out (see #3, bullet 6, below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as news about MCSBA;
2. take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
3. not use or disclose the information, except:
- as necessary to provide member benefits you have ordered or requested, such as, by way of example, by providing it to a carrier to deliver goods or services you have ordered or that are incidental to your membership benefits with MCSBA;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (e.g., statistical compilations);
- as required by law, including in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary for MCSBA to enforce your membership obligations; and,
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of MCSBA, its users, members, or others affiliated or collaborating with MCSBA; this may include exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.