- This event has passed.
Webinar: Secrets of Contracting with the State of Maryland
September 15 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
This 1 hour webinar is for entrepreneurs who want to understand what it takes to sell to government agencies at the state level. Find out how to do business with Maryland. Gain an understanding of the procurement registration requirements, and learn how to market your company to state agencies. The class is centered on what market research tools are available to determine which agency makes what purchases and how to position your company as one from whom they should buy.
Attendees will learn about:
- Which government agencies buy what you sell
- Research in the eMaryland Marketplace and agency web sites in order to locate contracting opportunities
- Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR), and the Federal Acquisitions Regulations(FAR) flow down clauses
- University System of Maryland Procurement
- Governor’s Office Of Minority Affairs (GOMA)
- Working effectively with the internet to research opportunities
- State contracting certifications: SBR, DBE/MBE
This course covers pre-award steps that a contractor needs to understand, as well as how the state government makes purchases. REGISTER HERE